Commercial Roof Washing
If you own or operate a business, or you’re a property manager, you know the importance of keeping your building and properties clean. But what about your roof? Here are eight benefits of roof cleaning, along with what to consider and the commercial roof washing services we have to offer.
BASIC BENEFITS OF COMMERCIAL ROOF CLEANING
There are several advantages for getting your commercial roof cleaned professionally.
- Removes moisture
Since moisture is a roof’s worst enemy, it’s critical that you keep your roof clean as well as get rid of fallen leaves and other things that can hold moisture. If you have a flat roof, you need to protect it from pooling, splitting, and rusting. A roof that has these problems can easily cause leaks.
- Removes mold and algae
Mold and algae are problematic most anywhere, but they’re especially an issue in humid climates, such as Georgia. In addition to being ugly, mold and algae are extremely harmful to roofs. It can easily grow on tiles or shingles. This can cause the adhesive in roof materials to break down, creating hairline cracks. When it rains, water can leak down to the roof deck. Also, in winter during a freeze, the ice can force open cracks, which will create larger leaks.
- Protects the health of your employees
Even worse than being an eyesore and causing structural damage, mold and algae can affect the health of your workers. When mold and algae travel through an HVAC unit, they negatively affect the air quality of a building. After algae has invaded a roof, only a professional roof cleaner can get rid of it.
- Protects from sun damage
Consider how a commercial roof, and especially a flat roof, can easily blister from our hot Georgia sunlight. As a result, your roof can become discolored, losing its cosmetic beauty. However, a good roof cleaning can protect your commercial roof from sun damage.
- Keeps your businesses compliant
When you run a business, you know the importance of staying updated on all the various codes and regulations. For example, people operating restaurants or any other type of food-related business have to maintain specific standards. Getting your roof cleaned professionally can ensure you stay compliant with state and federal codes and regulations.
- Improves curb appeal
Organic material growing on a roof can look unsightly and dirty. But by getting a soft washing, you can make your commercial roof look just as fresh and new as it originally was. Having a clean roof can improve curb appeal. As a result, your building can give your customers a positive impression of your business.
- Provides better energy efficiency
To improve energy efficiency, you need to keep your roof clean as this can keep your roof at a lower surface temperature. In addition to having your roof last longer, this can also reduce energy consumption.
Here’s how: A clean roof can help in reducing the temperature of the roof, because it lets cooler air be drawn in by the cooling units. As a result, less energy is required for obtaining a comfortable indoor temperature. Therefore, you can save on your energy bills.
- Ensures maximum reflectivity
Another perk of commercial roof washing services is that your roof will have better reflectivity. Consider how debris and dirt can compromise the amount of energy from heat that can reflect away from a building. But by making your roof cleaner, you can get the most reflective power possible for your roofing materials.
STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE TO WASHING YOUR BUSINESS’S ROOF
- Remove debris—All debris is swept off the roof.
- Pressure clean, when applicable (depending on material). Keep in mind that there’s a huge difference between soft washing and power washing.
- For stone roofs or other hard materials, water is used at an extremely high pressure with special care taken so that the surfaces are not damaged. For metal roofs, we sometimes use heated water under pressure, taking all precautions to protect roofing materials.
- Apply treatment–Water sealant can help in keeping stone cleaner and stain-free for a longer period of time as well as prolong the material’s lifespan. It can also prevent the need for having to frequently wash your roof.
- Rinse—The final step is rinsing your roof.
IMPORTANT CONSIDERATIONS AND THE BOTTOM LINE
- Getting commercial roof cleaning services regularly can make your building safer, last longer, and improve curb appeal.
- We use eco-friendly products.
- Consider that we offer a retainer service, which is a long-term contract between a client and a company. In other words, it retains ongoing services so you can count on maintaining a clean roof.
- We consider the type of roofing materials when washing your roof.
- We are North Atlanta’s choice for commercial roof cleaning services. Our family-owned business has a reputation for high-quality service and customer satisfaction.
Contact us for a free estimate and to schedule roof washing services.